No need to manually program your thermostat, the 3rd Generation Nest Learning Thermostat learns your lifestyle (when you’re gone, when you’re asleep, etc.) and creates a schedule to save you energy and money. It works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal, is equipped with 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) and 802.11a/n (5GHz) Wi-Fi circuitry, a Bluetooth radio, and 512MB of memory. It supports three-stage heating, two-stage cooling, three-speed fans, and humidifier and dehumidifier add-ons. Once your thermostat is set up, you can control it using the same Android, iOS, or Web-based app you use for your other Nest devices such as cameras and smoke alarms.
3rd Generation Nest Learning Thermostat Features:
- Auto-Schedule: Nest learns your daily heating and cooling temperatures and times during the first week of use and creates a schedule based on your preferences. You can make adjustments along the way or create your own schedule.
- Home/Away Assist: Nest uses motion sensors to detect your presence and will automatically switch to ECO (energy conservation) mode when nobody’s home.
- Remote Control: Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Farsight: When Nest spots you across the room, it lights up to show you the time, temperature or weather.
- Energy History: Check your 10-day Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use.
- Nest Leaf: You’ll see the Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right direction.
- Furnace Heads-Up: Furnace Heads-Up monitors your furnace’s power cycles and will notify you if you have abnormalities or system issues such as turning on in the middle of the night.
- Sunblock: Sunblock uses a light sensor to prevent the thermostat from turning on or off due to exposure to direct sunlight.
- Time-to-Temp: Time-to-Temp tells you how long it will take for your system to reach your desired room temperature.
Multi-Zone Homes, Multiple Homes, and Third-Party Devices
You can control up to 20 thermostats per home on a single Nest Account and you can control Nest Thermostats in two locations from one Nest Account. Your Nest thermostat works with numerous third-party devices and supports voice commands via Google Home and Amazon’s Alexa voice service.
Cost, Savings, and Rebate
Granted, the 3rd Generation Nest Learning Thermostat has a steep price tag at $249, but in independent studies, it saved an average of 10% to 12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills. Meaning, in under two years, it can pay for itself! Also, Georgia Power homeowners can currently receive a $100 instant rebate on the 3rd Generation Nest Learning Thermostat through the Georgia Power Marketplace (www.georgiapowermarketplace.com).
For more information about programmable thermostats or assistance with installing and setting up programmable thermostats like the Nest in your home(s), call Atlanta Air Care today!